Skip to content

What should I do if I notice a change in my sight?

Visit your optician or GP if you're concerned with any aspect of your eyes or vision.

An optician or optometrist not only performs eyesight tests and prescribes corrective lenses, they also give advice on visual problems. They are trained (for three years) to examine  eyes to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality and defects in vision.

In addition, some general health conditions e.g. diabetes show themselves in the eye and an optometrist is also trained to detect these. They will refer patients to other healthcare professionals as appropriate.

External Link:
NHS Choices - Looking after your eyes
  • Search from the homepage to return information from the whole of Your Circle.

Translate this page


County Council
Shire Hall
Westgate Street
Gloucestershire GL1 2TG

T: 01452 426868
E: yourcircle@