Helping you to maintain your independence.
As you get older, or if you have a disability, it can be more of a challenge to look after yourself, your family or your home. There are many ways you can make life easier.
The information in these pages will help you to:
- remain in your own home for longer
- find organisations that can help if you need repairs, adaptations and day to day running of your home
- explain the different types of housing available
- find details of organisations which provide homes
- get help if you are about to be made homeless or are homeless.
There are many housing options available within Gloucestershire including Sheltered and extra care Housing, Care Villages and supported living. Details of all housing options and schemes can be found in this section along with support available when considering all areas of housing.
Within Gloucestershire there is also a lot of support for people in their own homes. It can be difficult to know where to start when thinking about help with gardening, simple repairs to your property or support with paperwork. This section provides information on organisations and services that may be available in your area.